The NMAT by GMAC™ is a computer administered test owned by the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited (“GMGC”), a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). The exam pattern of NMAT is prescribed by GMAC. Some of the top MBA colleges accepting NMAT include NMIMS Mumbai, VIT Vellore, XIM Bhubaneswar (for selected MBA programmes) among others. For a complete list of Institutes/Unversities accepting NMAT score visit this Link.
The registration for NMAT by GMAC normally starts from July and ends in October and the exam window generally starts from October and end in December. There is also a provision for the late registration window. Aspirants have to fill the NMAT online application form and download the hall ticket of NMAT in order to appear for the exam between October to December. The NMAT by GMAC exam centres are available in 48 cities in India as well as abroad. The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) declares the result of NMAT in the third week of January.
Before appearing for the test, the aspirants should know about the NMAT exam pattern to acquaint themselves with the sections, type of questions, marking scheme, time duration, the total number of questions, etc.
Candidates taking the test in initial windows will be able to check their NMAT exam scores after four to five weeks of their attempt by loging in to their NMAT accont with their user id and password to download the scorecard.
Overall Structure of the NMAT exam
|Sections||No. of questions||Time (Minutes)|
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- No negative marking is there for the wrong attempts.
- No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- Each section is time-bound and the test must be completed by the candidate within two hours.
- Test takers will not be able to move to and from between sections but they can decide the order in which they want to attempt the questions within the section.
- Test takers cannot add the remaining time of one section to other sections.
- If a test taker completes answering and reviewing a section before the allotted section time expires, the test taker may choose either to revise their answers in the section or move to the next section, but the balance time cannot be added on to the next section’s allotted time.
The syllabus of NMAT by GMAC is updated every year in accordance with Global standards of MBA entrance tests. Although, no official syllabus is released by GMAC for NMAT, we are providing a tentative syllabus based on past years’ exam analysis by our experts:
Language Skills: Syntax and Vocabulary usage, Use of Antonyms; Synonyms; idioms, Jumbled sentences, Reading comprehension passages, Fill in the blanks, Sentence corrections and usage, Correction of grammatical errors, Usage on Parts of speech; tenses; conditional, Phrasal verbs,
Quantitative Skills: Arithmetic includes Number Systems, Simplification Average, percentage, Profit & Loss, Interest, Time & Work, Man days and work, Ratio, Proportion Mixture & Alligations etc. Algebra includes polynomials, linear and quadratic equations, inequalities etc. Other topics include Trigonometry, Mensuration, Solid Geometry, Modern Mathematics, Bar graph, Line graph, Pie chart, Probability, Permutations and Combinations, 2D-Coordinate Geometry and 3D Geometry & Statistics.
Logical Reasoning: Coding & Decoding, Course of Action, Critical Reasoning, Family tree, Puzzles, Syllogisms etc.